Gligorovski Sasho: I obtained my Ph.D. at 2005 under supervision of Hartmut Herrmann at the Institute for Tropospheric Research, Leipzig, Germany followed by one year of postdoc (2005-2006) with Christian George at IRCELYON, France. In 2006 I was enrolled as an Assistant Professor at Aix Marseille University where in 2012 I finished my habilitation thesis. From 2012 to 2017, I served as an Associate Professor at the Environmental Chemistry Laboratory, Aix Marseille University in France.
My research interest aim to elucidate the kinetics, mechanisms, and photochemistry of gas phase, aqueous phase and heterogeneous reactions occurring at various surfaces of environmental relevance (aerosol, urban grime, ocean), and on indoor surfaces. I designed and organized the field campaign aiming at the first experimental confirmation of hydroxyl radicals (OH) in the indoor atmospheres.
The ultimate goal of my research is to provide quantitative information that can be used in photochemical models (regional and global scale) to better understand the air quality and climate change issues.
- B. Ervens, S. Gligorovski and H. Herrmann, Temperature-dependent rate constants for hydroxyl radical reactions with organic compounds in aqueous solutions, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2003, 5, 1811-1824.
- A. Jammoul, S. Gligorovski, C. George and B. D’Anna, Photosensitized Heterogeneous Chemistry of Ozone on Organic Films, J. Phys. Chem. A, 2008, 112, 1268-1276.
- E. Gómez Alvarez, H. Wortham, R. Strekowski, C. Zetzsch, S. Gligorovski, Atmospheric photo-sensitized heterogeneous and multiphase reactions: From outdoors to indoors; Environ. Sci. Technol., 2012, 46, 1955-1963.
- De Laurentiis, J. Socorro, D. Vione, E. Quivet, M. Brigante, G. Mailhot, H. Wortham, S. Gligorovski, Phototransformation of 4-phenoxyphenol sensitized by 4-carboxybenzophenone: Evidence of new photochemical pathways in the bulk aqueous phase and on the surface of aerosol deliquescent particles, Atmos. Environ., 2013, 81, 569-578.
- E. Gómez Alvarez, D. Amedro, C. Afif, S. Gligorovski, C. Schoemacker, C. Fittschen, J.F. Doussin, H. Wortham, Unexpectedly high indoor hydroxyl radical concentrations associated with nitrous acid. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 2013, 110(33), 13294-13299.
- S. Gligorovski and C. J. Weschler, The oxidative capacity of indoor atmospheres, Environ. Sci. Technol., 2013, 47, 13905-13906.
- A. Gandolfo, V. Bartolomei, E. Gomez Alvarez, S. Tlili, S. Gligorovski, J. Kleffmann, H. Wortham, The effectiveness of indoor photocatalytic paints on NOx and HONO levels, Appl. Catal. B: Environ., 2015, 166-167, 84-90.
- S. Gligorovski, R. Strekowski, S. Barbati, D. Vione, The environmental implications of hydroxyl radical (OH), Chem. Rev., 2015, 115(24), 13051–13092.
- S. Gligorovski, Nitrous acid (HONO): An emerging indoor pollutant, J. Photochem. Photobiol. A: Chem., 2016, 314, 1-5.
- J. Socorro, A. Durand, B. Temime-Roussel, S. Gligorovski, H. Wortham, E. Quivet, The persistence of pesticides in atmospheric particulate phase: An emerging air quality issue, Sci. Rep., 2016, 6, 33456- 33462.