Sasho Gligorovski is a Full Professor at Guangzhou Institute of Geochemistry (GIG), Chinese Academy of Science. Dr. Gligorovski obtained his Ph.D. at TROPOS (Germany), followed by one-year postdoc at IRCELYON (France). From 2006 to 2017, he served as an Assistant Professor and later an Associate Professor at Aix Marseille University, France. His research interest aims to elucidate the kinetics, mechanisms, and photochemistry of multiphase and heterogeneous reactions occurring at environmental surfaces (e.g., aerosol, urban grime, ocean), and on indoor surfaces.
He initiated research on photochemistry in the indoor atmospheres.
Recent Publications (2018-2020)
- Gligorovski*, J. Abbatt, An indoor chemical cocktail, Science, 2018, 359, 632-633.
- Mekic, M. Brigante, D. Vione, S. Gligorovski*, Exploring the ionic strength effects on the photochemical degradation of pyruvic acid in atmospheric deliquescent aerosol particles, Atmos. Environ., 2018, 185, 237-242.
- Mekic, G. Loisel, W. Zhou, B. Jiang, D. Vione, S. Gligorovski*, Ionic strength effects on the reactive uptake of ozone on aqueous pyruvic acid: Implications for air-sea ozone deposition, Environ. Sci. Technol., 2018, 52, 12306–12315.
- Gandolfo, S. Marque, B. Temime-Roussel, R. Gemayel, H. Wortham, D. Truffier-Boutry, V. Bartolomei, S. Gligorovski*, Unexpectedly high levels of organic compounds released by indoor photocatalytic paints, Environ. Sci. Technol., 2018, 52, 11328-11337.
- Liu, S. Li, M. Mekic, H. Jiang, W. Zhou, G. Loisel, W. Song, X. Wang, S. Gligorovski*, Photoenhanced uptake of NO2 and HONO formation on real urban grime, Environ. Sci. Technol. Lett., 2019, 6, 413-417.
- Liu, S. Li, J. Zeng, M. Mekic, Z. Yu, W. Zhou, G. Loisel, A. Gandolfo, W. Song, X. Wang, Z. Zhou, H. Herrmann, X. Li, S. Gligorovski*, Assessing indoor gas phase oxidation capacity through real-time measurements of HONO, NOx and ozone in Guangzhou, China, Environ. Environ. Sci.: Processes Impacts, 2019, 21, 1393–1402.
- Mekic, J. Liu, W. Zhou, G. Loisel, J. Cai, T. He, B. Jiang, Z. Yu, Y. G. Lazarou, X. Li, M. Brigante, D. Vione, S. Gligorovski*, Formation of highly oxygenated multifunctional compounds from cross-reactions of carbonyl compounds in the atmospheric aqueous phase, Atmos. Environ., 2019, 219, 117046.
- Gandolfo, V. Bartolomei, D. Truffier-Boutry, B. Temime-Roussel, G. Brochard, V. Bergé, H. Wortham and S. Gligorovski*, The impact of photocatalytic paint’s porosity on indoor NOx and HONO levels, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2020, 22, 589-598.
- Zeng, Z. Yu, M. Mekic, J. Liu, S. Li, G. Loisel, W. Gao, A. Gandolfo, Z. Zhou, X. Wang, H. Herrmann, S. Gligorovski*, Xue Li, Evolution of indoor cooking emissions captured by using secondary electrospray ionization high resolution mass spectrometry, Environ. Sci. Technol. Lett., 2020, 7, 2, 76-81.
- Mekic, J. Zeng, B. Jiang, X. Li, Y. G. Lazarou, M. Brigante, H. Herrmann, S. Gligorovski*, Formation of toxic unsaturated multifunctional and organosulfur compounds from the photosensitized processing of fluorene and DMSO at the air-water interface, J. Geophys. Res: Atmosphere, 2020, 125 (6), doi.org/10.1029/2019JD031839.